Monday, September 28, 2009

It's always sad when something makes you realize just how old your kids are getting







Today I spent the majority of the day cleaning out toys. I found Porters Hunter Dans in there place in there tote on the bottom shelf of the toy closet. It hit me, he hasn't played with these forever! His once favorite toy he has at sometime grown out of. I started to cry. He would set these animals, camping stuff & hunting stuff up all around the family room then put his hunter Dan on a four wheeler and go hunt these animals. His Hunter Dans came equipped with either a gun or a bow, full camo and usually some kind of decoy or tree stand. Every birthday he would ask for hunter Dan stuff. He had quite a collection of animals including bears, turkey, deer, elk, tigers, elephants etc. I frantically looked for a picture of him playing these and couldn't believe I never got a picture (or have yet to have found one) of his Forrest all set up. He would play content forever with these. We even got a hunter Anne for Em to play with him! The thing that always impressed me most about porter is his imagination and his love for the outdoors and hunting even from such a tiny age. I love this boy! I realized once again that time goes by to fast, treasure every moment and let the little stuff go. It doesn't matter how much money you have, where you live, what cars you might drive etc. appreciate the time we have with our growing families & cherish every single moment. I know I will!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Porter....you are one crazy man!!!